I have been managing teams and delivering high quality leads for dozens of International companies since 1999. My experience in marketing, design and development is rare among those in my field, where I have had the incredible opportunity to work on many successful marketing teams, campaigns, and design-development projects. Read more perspective at my career highlights page »
Areas of Expertise
- 5+ yrs SaaS & Marketing Automation
- 10+ yrs B2B and SMB
- 15+ yrs Email Marketing
- 15+ yrs SEO/SEM
- 15+ yrs Analytics & Insights
- 10+ yrs Competitive Market Research
- 10 yrs Social Media Management
- 15 yrs Email Marketing
- Marketing Infrastructure: website design, CRM, UI/UX, Intranet
- Digital Strategy & Implementation
- Web Strategy, Design, Development
- Team Leadership & Management
- Content Strategy, Writing, Editing
Mountain View, CA — 2015 - 2017
Director of Online Marketing
Was the hands-on team leader of all digital marketing campaigns, strategy and ongoing reporting to CMO, CEO and Board. Continually performed competitive market research for this cloud-managed SaaS platform, adjusting product messaging and campaigns to increase demand and lead generation.
- Created yearly and quarterly plans, budget and strategy for all online marketing assets.
- Managed Salesforce and CRM data and reporting, website(s), blog, social media.
- Defined and managed all MQL to SQL workflows, working with Sales Director for best results.
- Worked closely with PR to ensure messaging and announcements synced with digital campaigns.
- Planned and created event and tradeshow campaigns, in coordination with Global Events Director.
- Doubled organic search traffic in 3 months, closing 2 new 6 figure deals through SEO efforts.
- Achieved a 350% increase in lead pipeline in 1st year.
- Led all email marketing and nurture campaigns, email template design and reporting.
San Francisco, CA — 2010 - 2015
Digital Marketing • SaaS Marketing • Branding • Creative • Founder
As Founder of Flockworx, a Marketing and Web Agency, was leader of all outbound and inbound marketing strategy and execution. Managed local and International teams for as many as 10 projects and 25 client accounts at a time.
- Boeing (2011-2014) — Hired to rebrand a an cybersecurity SaaS subsidiary in Silicon Valley. Continued to lead and manage the online marketing and web Infrastructure, SEO/SEM, strategic planning and team leadership.
- Logitech (2011) — Established a new Business Intelligence (BI) portal, using Tableau, for Logitech’s International sales and marketing teams. The dynamic portal gave key insights and up-to-the-minute visual customer data worldwide, with the ability to create reports on the spot.
- West America Bank (2011- 2015) — Hired to lead the update of the web and marketing infrastructure, increase brand awareness and rebuild content for this 92 branch California bank. Provided ongoing consulting and training to marketing team.
- Marketing for Top Companies (2010-2015) — Provided marketing and web services to many top U.S. and International companies, including the fast growing Silicon Valley manufacturing company Valin and biomedical company Cerus.
Marketing and Web Career Highlights
San Francisco, CA — 1999 - 2010
Digital Marketing • Brand Awareness • SEO • Strategy
- San Francisco Dept. of Environment (2009-2012) — Worked closely with the SFapproved.org team to provide digital marketing services, content creation and management, end user communication workflows, SEO and consulting.
- Napa Valley Network (2010-2012) — Provided digital marketing strategy, SEO and consulting to a network with multiple websites managing promotion of Napa Valley events, tourism and businesses.
- Hinesburg Rides (2009) — Marketing and web team leader for creation of new carpool matching system for the town of Hinesburg, VT. Responsible for all internet marketing & brand awareness initiatives.
- Hospitality Marketing Services (1999-2010) — Provided a full suite of marketing services for dozens of Hospitality based companies in the US, Mexico and Europe. Services included writing and content creation, email marketing, SEO/SEM, graphic design, advertising, events, training, lead generation and web design.
- Dental Masters, Santa Rosa, CA (2001-2005) — Strategically created a highly successful inbound and outbound marketing structure that nurtured new leads & increased customer loyalty. Responsible for email campaigns, newsletters, graphic design, product manuals, web design and SEO.
- Thorlo, inc., Charlotte, NC (2000-2001) — Created a dynamic online presence and marketing strategy targeted to young adults. Used animation and creative content to compel online users to learn, buy or share info about the products.
- All About Retreats and Conference Centers (1998-2015) — Founder of the first online directory, community and marketing portal for the Retreat and Conference Industry. Pioneered advanced techniques for selling online advertising to Centers in every corner of the world with a loyal customer following that never ceased. Through web based marketing automation, great sales and customer service and top search engine rankings the company had a consistent revenue stream for close to 2 decades and was the proving ground for future success and business acumen.
- Pioneer in creating advertising web portals for the Hospitality and Tourism Industries, sustaining a loyal customer base for over a decade.
- Achieved page 1 Google rankings for all SEO clients, becoming highly sought by companies worldwide for SEO/SEM services.
- Developed many online portals and communities, creating a loyal customer following by selling ads and placement in FRP's highly ranked directories and web properties.
- Established best practices for successful email marketing campaigns for dozens of clients spanning many different Industries.
- In 2011 Hired by Pearson Education to create the first digital book for the Joomla CMS.
- Hired as a speaker at professional conferences throughout the U.S. to share expertise and techniques.
Education and Training
Sonoma State University - Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude
American Management Association (see website):
- Transformational Leadership: How to Inspire Extraordinary Performance
- The Voice of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire, Influence and Acheive Results
- AMA's "MBA" Workshop
Oracle/Sun Microsystems - Java Certification
Santa Rosa Junior College - Marketing and Design Courses